The following student templates support the development of essay writing skills.
Understanding the question [Word 9.1 KB]
This template helps students to break down an essay question so they understand what they need to do before they start to write or research their topic. For more information on breaking down essay questions, see the Essay question page of this site.
Essay plan template [Word 21.57 KB]
This template provides students with a framework for planning an argumentative essay. For more information on essay planning, see the Plan your essay page on this site.
Organising essay ideas [Word 13.46 KB]
This template supports students to physically manipulate and reorder ideas to help with impoving essay structure. For more information on essay structure, see The writing process page on this site.
Note-taking outline [Word 41.36 KB]
This template provides students with a basic note-taking framework. For more information on note-taking, see the Learn page Organise notes on this website.
Bibliography template [Word 19.88 KB]
This template provides a structure students can use to record references they find during the research process. For more information on referencing see Bibliographies and the Research skills sections of this site.
Having a hard time starting your essay plan? We got you covered. The secret to writing a comprehensive and coherent essay is by coming up with a well-structured essay plan. An essay plan allows you to build your essay one idea at a time. Essay plan templates and outline templates showcase what are some of creative and appropriate sections in your essay.
That is why our essay plan templates will fuel both your creative and intellectual appetite. They will help you write an essay with utmost coherence and substance. Feel free to read and checkout the set of templates.
Modern History Essay Plan Template
Argumentative Essay Planning Sheet
Law Essay Plan
Short Course Essay Plan
Academic Essay Plan
College Essay Plan
What Essay Plan Templates Are in Store for You?
Planning is not just crucial in terms of writing simple business plan template and personal development plan templates. Essays are also good subject matters in applying the right planning techniques.
- Argumentative Essay Planning Sheet Template – In writing an argumentative essay, the challenge lies on how you structure the flow of your arguments. Bear in mind that you can’t just merely enumerate your arguments but to lay them out in a logical and systematic manner. By using these template, you can breakdown your arguments into sections with their supporting details.
- Academic Essay Plan Template – This template is a guide in writing an effective essay plan. This will help you know the basic elements of an essay plan and how to effectively convey and write your ideas in the most comprehensible and coherent way. There are also sample thesis statements that you may refer to.
- Discursive Essay Plan Template – This template provides you with suggestions and outline on how to write an essay plan for three different types of discursive essays namely the for and against essays, opinion essays, and essays suggesting solutions to problems. The respective plan templates provide you with writing tips in terms of structure and content.
- Persuasive Plan Template – Persuasive essays can be tricky. Your essay must be convincing enough to persuade your readers to take your side. You need to effectively introduce the issue, clearly state your position, and write your supporting evidences.
Discursive Essay Plan
Persuasive Essay Plan
How to Effectively Map Out Your Essay Plan?
Essay plan templates can help you effectively map out your essay plan. In structuring your essay you need to consider your target readers’ preferences, the nature of the topic you’re assigned or planning to write, the type of essay it requires, and the your sources. Here are some tips for you to consider.
- Come up with a comprehensive and engaging thesis statement. You thesis statement presents the why’s and importance of your essay. It will be the heart of your essay. Your thesis statement will project the scope and limits of your the write-up. As per content, thesis statements are not necessarily long. As much as possible be concise and succinct.
- Provide topic sentences for each paragraph. This is done so as to guide the flow of your sentences. The topic sentence will is either your idea or argument. After that, substantiate your claims by providing your evidences.
- Make a sound conclusion. You also need to plan the structure of your conclusion. You should plan how you’ll manage to reiterate the important points and adding a strong closing sentences or notes to your reader’s in a creative and professional way. Like writing a strategic plan template, essay plan also provides key writing strategies and methods.
You may also like
Research Outline Template – 10+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
9+ Outline Examples Download in Word, PDF Free & Premium ...
7+ Blank Outline Templates – Free Word, PDF Documents ...
Autobiography Outline Template – 8+ Free Sample, Example ...
Expository Essay Template - 9+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
Lesson Plan Outline Template – 12+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Proposal Outline Template – 9+ Free Free Word, PDF Format ...
29+ Outline Templates in PDF
28 Outline Templates in Word
Personal Essay Template - 9+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
Outline Template – 78+ Free Word, PDF, PSD, PPT Format ...
Extended Essay Template - 7+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...