Leadership and Management skills are two qualities that must go hand in hand. To become a leader is to be able to manage tasks as well as people efficiently. A good leader is someone who can communicate the right thoughts in the most effective manner as well as listen to others views and comments patiently. While some people are blessed with great leadership as well as management qualities, there are others who work hard on becoming the perfect boss. Leaders certainly have a never- ending list of responsibilities to take care of and it is definitely not everyone’s cup of tea. So here are a few qualities that make a good leader with management skills.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to have great management skills? INTEGRITY is the answer. It is one of the most respected qualities of a great leader as it helps the individual in staying calm, composed as well as unbiased during all times. It plays a key role in managing your team as well. A great leader is one who says what he can do and then does exactly the same with the help of his team. Integrity is also the quality that helps leaders in building a trustworthy team.
Character and the ability to speak up
Are you one of those individuals who have the guts to speak up when required as well as also stay unbiased no matter what the situation is? If yes, then you certainly have one of the most important qualities that make a great leader with unmatched management skills. A good character helps people in putting their trust in you, which as we know is a very important characteristic in the corporate world today. A leader with character and great commanding power is followed by people of his team as well as also admired by others.
Probably the first and foremost quality in a leader is his honesty. To be able to manage an entire team on your own is a huge responsibility and while it may seem to be falling apart at times, remember that you are responsible for everything that is happening with your team, hence you should always stay honest with your team members as well as your bosses. Your team is a reflection of how good a leader and manager you are.
Communication and sense of humor
If you face trouble in expressing the simplest of thoughts, then you are probably lacking what it takes to become a successful leader. As a leader, you are supposed to manage a team as well as also communicate the right thoughts and ideas in the most ethical way possible. To be able to express yourself is a great gift and a quality that every leader must possess. A good leader must also have a great sense of humor and should be able to crack jokes with the teammates, hence creating a light and healthy working environment for everyone.
To sum it up, leadership and management are skills that require an individual to be compassionate, a good delegator as well as consistent in his job.
- what are the qualities of a good leader essay
- leadership qualities essay
- qualities of a good leader essay
- qualities of a good leader essay free
- essay on leadership qualities
- what makes a good leader essay
- leadership essay
- good leadership essay
- speech on leadership qualities
- qualities of a leader essay
Leadership Qualities That You Must Include in What Makes a Great Leader Essay
The definition of good leadership may vary from one country to the next, but there are 11 main things that must appear in each definition of good leadership.
- Unique style of leadership – there are many different styles that a good leader can use therefore good leadership is not restricted to any particular style.
- A leader has to be prepared to lead – Leadership has to be a conscious choice. Each decision must be deliberate and well-thought through. Good leaders hardly ever rely on luck alone.
- You can only be a leader when others are ready to follow you – the title itself says it all; leadership cannot exist without a following.
- People and relationships are more important to a leader than the routine tasks – since you expect people to follow you, it only makes sense to have the same people as your main priority.
- Good leaders set a clear vision – as stated earlier, good leadership is intentional. A leader should be able to paint for his/her followers a clear picture of their destination.
- Communication is essential – you have to communicate constantly and accurately; your followers need to know where they are going and how they will get there.
- After describing the destination, you have to deliver – good leadership produces desirable results.
- Manage your drive and energy – always have some reserve energy for when things go wrong. Being able to manage your energy also means knowing your limits.
- Always trust your gut – some may take this to mean that one must be impulsive. A good leader trusts not only his instincts but also thinks things through.
- Finally, a good leader accepts and learns from his/ her mistakes – it is impossible for any one person to be perfect. Good leadership involves acknowledging and bearing responsibility for mistakes.
In one way or the other, your essay describing good leadership must incorporate these qualities in a manner that answers your thesis. Now that you know some of the most important qualities of a good leader, you must be wondering which structure your essay will take.
A Five-Step Process for Writing Expository What Makes a Great Leader Essay
Because you will be asked to describe a good leader, you might settle on an expository essay structure. Here are five steps you will follow while writing this essay:
In this initial stage, you will brainstorm for an appropriate topic for your essay as well as the main ideas you will discuss. In addition to this, you will research while making notes and later draft an outline which will organize this information in a logical sequence.
Here you will have a few considerations to make. Your introduction should have a clear topic sentence as well as a strong thesis that will drive your body paragraphs. While the thesis should not give a specific opinion, it must have a manageable scope according to your topic.
Each body paragraph must also have one main point as well as supporting evidence. The conclusion must emphasize your thesis and should not contain any new information
At this point you will be able to review your content, making sure there are no errors in wording and grammar while also having in mind that for expository essays, you must always write in third person. This is because you are discussing a phenomenon and not recounting personal experiences.
An expository essay must be clear and concise, but it should also engage the reader in a lively manner. Have someone else read your essay to give it a new perspective.
- Prepare your final version.
Having incorporated all the changes listed, you are now ready to write the final version of your essay.
Writing an expository essay is a necessary skill to have. Feel free to use this simple guide when writing an expository what makes a great leader essay.
Ask a question