Sales cover letter sample
View this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
As a sales representative, you need to be persuasive in order to seal the deal—that includes when you want to get a job. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top sales jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about sales careers and search for sales jobs on Monster.
Sales representative cover letter template
Sometown, FL 55555 | 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
July 27, 2017
Ms. Rita Jones
VP of Sales
55 East Second Street
Sometown, FL 55555
Re: Territory Sales Manager, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Jones:
As your next territory sales manager, my focus and energy will be directed toward achieving the same multimillion-dollar growth for your southeast territory that I have delivered for my current and former employers.
I am a dedicated sales professional with experience propelling my assigned regions to record-setting revenue results. I oversee top-producing salesforces; multi-state territories; and retail, wholesale and distributer channels.
In my present role as sales territory manager at XYZ Company as well as in earlier sales positions, I have consistently met or exceeded quotas and expectations. For example, I have:
- Closed $6.8M in 2017 (20% above goal) to achieve a new territory record in overall sales volume at XYZ Company.
- Ranked in the top 5% of sales professionals company-wide throughout my career, including #1 revenue and market-share honors out of 100 colleagues nationwide during my tenure with DEF Company.
- Expanded account base by 23% during a time when industry sales declined by 10%.
Regarded as an expert in consultative sales, account management and salesforce development, I am driven to sell, enjoy teaching others how to sell and take pride in serving my customers and channel partners with excellence.
I look forward to discussing plans for generating new business opportunities within ABC’s southeast territory, and I have some ideas I would like to share with you. The best way to reach me is my cell (555-555-5555) or email email@example.com. Thank you for your time!
Outside Sales Representative Cover Letter
Outside Sales Representatives sell company products and services on site rather than spending their working day at the office. These professionals visit potential clients at their homes or in their offices and handle tasks such as explaining product features, identifying client needs and preferences, performing demonstrations, negotiating prices, closing sales, placing orders, answering to client questions, and providing after-sales support.
A well-written cover letter sample for Outside Sales Representative should focus on skills and qualifications like the following:
- Selling skills
- Negotiation abilities
- Excellent communication skills and persuasion
- Stamina and perseverance
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- A professional appearance
- Computer literacy
- Availability for travel
Below is displayed an example cover letter highlighting similar Outside Sales Representative abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Outside Sales Representative Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Martinez:
Upon review of your posting for an Outside Sales Representative, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As an experienced sales professional with a strong history of managing client relationships and increasing revenues, I stand to significantly contribute to your objectives in this position.
My experience in securing new customers, closing B2B sales deals, and nurturing beneficial account relationships positions me to substantially impact your organization. By leveraging expertise and insight to implement forward-thinking and strategic sales solutions, I excel at connecting with key decision makers and quickly building profitable, lasting partnerships that sustain revenue growth. Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Successfully maintaining a career-long record of consistently meeting and surpassing outside sales quotas while earning continual recognition, awards, and bonuses for top sales performance and customer service.
- Managing outside sales territories—including the company’s largest accounts in Northern California and Nevada—as an Outdoor Sales Rep for Canvas Media; outperforming specified sales goals and increasing sales territory by 36%.
- Forging trusting and enduring relationships with B2B customers, management teams, and peers to ensure client retention and satisfaction.
- Utilizing superior communication, project management, and organizational skills to achieve maximum sales and the highest level of customer satisfaction and retention.
My dedication to creating solid and productive partnerships, along with my steadfast motivation to meet or exceed outside sales goals, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills, combined with articulate presentation talents, will allow me to greatly benefit your sales team. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Scott P. Coogan